International Tournament “Acropolis”: Statistics Flashback
The Hellenic Judo Federation attempts a brief statistics flashback in the international tournament “Acropolis” that this year completes three years of life.
· The 2008 tournament hosted in Loutraki holds the record of participations not only in countries but in athletes too. In particular, 153 male and female athletes (106-47) from 17 countries took part. The year before, in “Acropolis 2007”, 146 athletes (92-54) from 12 countries had competed.
· Spain won most medals in the two previous tournaments. In total, it has gained 34 medals (8 gold, 12 silver and 14 bronze), while Greece comes in the second place with 26 (8-5-13) and then follows Turkey in the third with 15 (2-4-9).
· The three countries mentioned above are included in the list of 11 which have been continuously visiting Greece for the “Acropolis” tournament since 2007. The rest eight countries are: Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia, Moldova, Serbia, Lithuania and Cyprus.
· On the other hand eight countries have been represented in the tournament at least once. These are: Israel (2007), Japan, Montenegro, Armenia, Romania, Peru and Uzbekistan (2008).
· Dionysis Iliadis (Greece, -100 kg) and Marta Tort (Spain, -78 kg) are the only judoka who have gained two gold medals each, in the “Acropolis” tournament. In total eight men and equal number of women have won two medals each, in the previous tournaments. These are the following:
· On Friday evening, May the 22nd, in www.hjf.gr you will find the contest sheets of all categories as well as the preview of the international tournament. After the completion of both days of “Acropolis”, in www.hjf.gr you will be able to find the results of the tournament and rich photographic material.
For any other information please contact email@example.com